Click above to watch the complete broadcast of the Final Celebration Mass.
Bishop Caggiano – Easter 2016 – Reflection on the Synod – March 27, 2016
On Easter Sunday 2016, Bishop Caggiano released his Synod Pastoral Letter.final. The final Synod report will be completed by mid-April.
September 19, 2015
BRIDGEPORT – (September 19)– The Catholic Church affirmed its presence in Fairfield County in a resounding way this morning as 8,000 Catholics gathered at Webster Bank Arena for the Synod Celebration Mass.
“The best years of the Catholic Church in Fairfield County are not behind us, they are ahead of us,” the Bishop said. “We come here in hope to bring love and renewal to the Church.”
Welcome to the Fourth Diocesan Synod!
This website will allow you to familiarize yourself with the synodal process, review the activities of the six General Sessions, and present some materials for your further theological and spiritual reading. Please check the following articles:
- Sixth and Final Session of the Synod – May 30, 2015 – Listen to Bishop Caggiano’s remarks (inconsistent sound quality). May 30 Opening Remarks
- Summary of May 30 final General Session. Summary Article
- Initiatives and Proposals approved by Synod Delegates on May 30. Approved Initiatives and Proposals
- Synod Mission Statement and Guiding Principles approved by Delegates on May 30. Mission Statement and Guiding Principles5.30.15
- Fifth General Session of the Synod – May 9, 2015 – Listen to Bishop Caggiano’s opening remarks and potential Synod recommendations. Bishop Caggiano’s opening remarks: Fifth General Session- Bp. Frank
- Fourth General Session of the Synod – March 21, 2015 – Listen to Bishop Caggiano outline the Seven principles that will guide the implementation of the Synod recommendations. (Click Here)
- Declaration after the 4th General Session and Guiding Principles. Declaration and 7 Guiding Principles3.21.15
- For information on earlier General Sessions, please click on the General Sessions tab at the top of the page.
- Opening of the Synod on September 19, 2014 (click here) or see below:
Bishop Frank J. Caggiano
Diocese of Bridgeport
Commissioning of Delegates for Synod 2014
- Bishop announces 4 themes of the Synod. To read Bishop Caggiano’s full homily CLICK HERE or to view on YouTube CLICK HERE
- The themes are:
- Empower the Young Church;
- Build Up Communities of Faith;
- Foster Evangelical Outreach;
- Promote Works of Charity and Justice.
- The themes are:
- Read article about the Vespers HERE
- Synod Commission Report on Listening Sessions and Online Forms (Input collection): PDF file CLICK HERE
- General Delegates REQUIREMENTS
- Please see the summaries of LISTENING SESSIONS
- Ways to participate / Calling on all Catholics of the Diocese of Bridgeport (Fairfield County Catholic article March 2014) CLICK HERE
- Three Stages of Synod CLICK HERE
- Decree of the Convocation
- Bishop’s Pastoral Letter Convoking Synod
- Bishop Caggiano is initiating the diocesan-wide consultation (Fairfield County Catholic article February 2014) CLICK HERE
Thank you for visiting!